Help for BISA Archives

BISA Archives

BISA@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

BISA Home

BISA  April 2012

BISA April 2012

Hotels in Norwich for BISA conference 2012

"Draper, Jonathan" <[log in to unmask]>

Draper, Jonathan

Mon, 16 Apr 2012 11:06:56 +0100

Several people have asked me about hotels in Norwich so I thought it best to send details to this list.

The venue for BISA 2012 conference is quite close to the city centre where there are several of the major chains of hotels. Holiday Inn Norwich City (http://www.holidayinn.com/hotels/gb/en/norwich/nwicr/hoteldetail) is probably closest (about ten minutes walk from the conference venue) and will be quiet. This hotel forms part of the football ground and I think if they have one free, they will give you a room overlooking the pitch if you ask for one. Norwich Nelson City Premier Inn (http://www.premierinn.com/en/hotel/NORNEL/norwich-nelson-city-centre) is about 20 minutes walk. There are a couple of Travelodges which are also about 20 minutes walk away (http://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/288/Norwich-Central-hotel and http://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/416/Norwich-Central-Riverside-hotel). Both of these hotels, especially the latter are quite close to a lot of bars and clubs. The Premier Inn is in a similar part of the city but is probably a little quieter. If you want an independent, regional hotel then the Maids Head (http://www.maidsheadhotel.co.uk/) near the Cathedral is the main city centre hotel. Though it is near some pubs, it will not be that noisy. It is about 30-40 minutes walk from the conference venue but there is a good bus service on the Friday. It is situated in a beautiful building and it is in the historical part of the city.

Best wishes,

Jonathan Draper