ASCA@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

ASCA Home

ASCA  September 2005

ASCA September 2005

Re: Computing Resources

John Counsell <[log in to unmask]>

Architecture Schools' Computing Association <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 22 Sep 2005 14:28:41 +0100

Dear Andy
We have 5 labs currently of approx 22 pcs each, but these are of course
for the Faculty. We also have PCs in each of the 9 studios, a minimum of
6 and up to 12 in one studio. We have several colour (A3) lasers, and
several designjets for student use, together with a couple of A3
scanners.
We are gradually moving towards less pc provision per se and more
concentration when we can afford it on peripherals such as VR 'CAVE', 3D
Scanner, NC Router, 3D printer etc.... plus wireless access for students
own laptops.
All student PCs have most or all CAD and GIS plus (thin client) Office.
Best wishes
John