ARCHAEOBOTANY Archives

ARCHAEOBOTANY@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

ARCHAEOBOTANY Home

ARCHAEOBOTANY  June 2012

ARCHAEOBOTANY June 2012

Re: New glume wheat?

Aldona Mueller-Bieniek <[log in to unmask]>

The archaeobotany mailing list <[log in to unmask]>, Aldona Mueller-Bieniek <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 7 Jun 2012 14:57:04 +0200

Hi, I agree with Tania as going about glumes.
Some characters of the new type can be seen in other wheats, I suppose
it is connected with some stage of ripeness or even with some
environmental conditions (for example periods of drought?).
Additionally glumed wheats were most probably cultivated as mixtures,
like "zanduri".
Hope to meet you next year in Greece
Aldona

--