Help for ARABUK Archives

ARABUK Archives

ARABUK@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

ARABUK Home

ARABUK  March 2018

ARABUK March 2018

UKPSF launches Plant Health Undergraduate Studentships 2018

Geraint Parry <[log in to unmask]>

Geraint Parry <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 6 Mar 2018 08:29:48 +0000

The UKPSF’s 2018 Plant Health Undergraduate Studentships programme was
lauched on March 5th.

Last year’s scheme was a great success, and we have received funding
again from Defra, as well as from our new partners, the BSPP and N8
Agrifood, enabling us to expand the scheme and offer NINE studentships
for this year.

I am writing to ask for your help with promoting this programme with
your colleagues to help spread the word about this opportunity to plant
health researchers, who have until 26 March to apply for funding.

The scheme offers funding for paid undergraduate summer placements of
8-10 weeks. To apply to host a studentship, researchers should submit
their project proposals relevant to at least one of the following plant
health priorities identified by Defra:

Detection or Control | Data & Modelling | Trade | Host plants / earth
observations | High-risk pests or pathogens | Knowledge Exchange | Oak
Health | Social research – biosecurity behaviours

Please tell colleagues about the scheme and share this information with
researchers in your networks, on social media and in relevant
newsletters.

Full details are available on our webpage:
www.rsb.org.uk/plant-studentships

Thanks in advance for your assistance in promoting

Best wishes,

DR JONATHAN CARRUTHERS

SCIENCE POLICY OFFICER

020 7685 2572

www.rsb.org.uk [3]

Royal Society of Biology | Charles Darwin House | 12 Roger Street |
London | WC1N 2JU