Help for ARABUK Archives

ARABUK Archives

ARABUK@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

ARABUK Home

ARABUK  November 2018

ARABUK November 2018

CyVerse RNAseq Workshop at Earlham Institute: December 10-12th

Geraint Parry <[log in to unmask]>

Geraint Parry <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 7 Nov 2018 10:28:55 +0000

CyVerseUK RNASeq Workshop 2018

http://www.earlham.ac.uk/cyverse-uk-rnaseq-workshop-2018

This meeting is primarily for people who are either at the beginning of
their studies or have moved onto a new subject area and will be
analysing RNAseq expression data as part of their research.

It is designed for non-bioinformatic experts and will be run at a level
appropriate for wet-lab researchers without previous bioinformatics
experience.

We will provide hands-on sessions that will describe the use of software
tools that can interrogate RNAseq data and the biological relevance of
these tools. The workshop will also demonstrate different ways to
visualise RNAseq data. Prior to the workshop we will provide an example
dataset that will be analysed as part of the workshop. This hands-on
training will be useful for the future analysis of delegates’ own data.
In addition we include a session on Open Data and data reuse strategies
that can benefit your research.

We are also offering an optional one-day Genomics Data Carpentry (Monday
December 10) for researchers who have limited or no previous
command-line experience. This optional section will introduce you to
analysing data in R, and better prepare you for future analyses. The
cost of this additional session is £20 to cover food, refreshments and
administration.

Workshop Dates: 10th-12th December 2018

Venue: Darwin Room, Earlham Institute

Questions: [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]

Registration deadline: 25 November 2018

There are places for 40 delegates and will be filled on a first come
first serve basis. There are approximately 10 places remaining.

Cost: £80 for the full three-day course, including Data Carpentry
session on Monday 10 December,

£60.00 for the two-day CyVerse and Open Data workshop.

Accommodation is available at £68.40 per night Bed and Breakfast.

Sponsorship is provided by GARNet and COPO.