Help for AMBITIONS Archives

AMBITIONS Archives

AMBITIONS@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

AMBITIONS Home

AMBITIONS  September 2007

AMBITIONS September 2007

Re: TR: Last chance to meet the Scandinavian students in November !

Mette Kloch <[log in to unmask]>

Mette Kloch <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 7 Sep 2007 11:19:20 +0200

Hi Béatrice - and the rest of you!

As one of the events is in Copenhagen I feel that I should know.....
however I have never been there.
We normally receive visitors from some of our partner schools at the
time of the fais as they come to participate. What I have heard is that
is is a smaller fair and not so many visitors.

You should keep in mind that Danish students are not used to paying for
education. However, the Danish Government passed a law this summer that
will allow Danish students to get funding for tuition fees abroad. They
only get what the equivalent education cost in Denmark (the Government
support which the institutions get per student) so it might not cover
the full cost of tuition abroad. The Govenment will only give the
support to studies at schools who are on a "positive list". This has not
been defined yet but will probably be made from a list of all the
universities which Danish institutions cooperate with.

It is all very new and all the practical things have not been negotiated
and established yet. The above information is what I have from two press
releases which is the only info so far.

All the best from Copenhagen
Mette

--
Mette Kloch, cand.mag.
International Programs Coordinator

COPENHAGEN BUSINESS SCHOOL
The International Office
Porcelaenshaven 26, DK 2000 Frederiksberg

Tel: +45 3815 3095 / Fax: +45 3815 3825
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
http://uk.cbs.dk/cbs_international