Re: RE NATIONAL ALCOHOL CONFERENCE

Betsy Thom <[log in to unmask]>

Alcohol misuse <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 26 Nov 2001 17:23:49 +0000

Dear Janice,

I agree with the suggestion made by Jennie Biggs. Social contexts of alcohol use and problem use and the cultural
aspects of alcohol use are important. Perhaps as important is thinking about effecting change in these areas - not
easy. A lot of effort has gone into looking at changing individuals and more thought needs to be given to changing
structures, institutions and communities. As a suggestion for a speaker, you have Dr. Martin Plant on your
doorstep in Edinburgh.

Betsy Thom.