AHFAP@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

AHFAP Home

AHFAP  July 2017

AHFAP July 2017

Re: Metadata input

Rebecca Brumbill <[log in to unmask]>

AHFAP, for image professionals in the UK cultural heritage sector" <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 12 Jul 2017 06:54:40 +0000

Hi Claire,

I'm not sure about the glitches you are experiencing with Creator and Source fields, but we have recently started using the IPTC Cultural heritage panel and script.  This essentially enables you to directly import data from a spreadsheet and embed it into a batch of images with just a couple of clicks.  It's a really good tool which I picked up thanks to advice from other subscribers to this thread.

http://metadatadeluxe.pbworks.com/w/page/101139784/IPTC%20Cultural%20Heritage%20Tools

We also use Bridge templates for additional fields not covered by the CH panel / script.

Best wishes

Becky

Rebecca Brumbill
Swyddog Rheoli Delweddau / Image Management Officer
Adran Ffotograffiaeth / Photography Department
Amgueddfa Cymru - National Museum Wales
Caerdydd / Cardiff
CF10 3NP
Tel / Ffon: 029 2057 3136