AHFAP@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

AHFAP Home

AHFAP  May 2018

AHFAP May 2018

Re: Image storage and metadata

David Rowan <[log in to unmask]>

AHFAP, for image professionals in the UK cultural heritage sector" <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 15 May 2018 11:41:52 +0100

Hello Toby

For image storage we recently upgraded from an apple Xserve + Raid and Drobo pro archives to synology NAS, rack-stations. They’re excellent, good value, reliable and easy to configure / manage.

I use bridge and Adobe lightroom for local image management. Birmingham Museum recently bought Asset Bank DAMs but I’ve had no involvement with it yet. I have used the excellent Extensis Portfolio DAMs though it’s great for managing / embedding metadata.

Regards.

David Rowan
Birmingham Museums Trust.