AHFAP@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

AHFAP Home

AHFAP  February 2017

AHFAP February 2017

Re: Equipment Maintenace

Kate Whitley <[log in to unmask]>

AHFAP, for image professionals in the UK cultural heritage sector" <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 14 Feb 2017 19:34:46 +0000

Hi Kira,

We have all of our cables checked and certified on an annual basis, but not our monos. I find the main problem with our lighting is capacitors blowing which has never been assessed as a hazard but doesn't seem particularly dangerous (others may wish to differ here!). We make a point of always unplugging sources when not in use and tend to service only when required (as I suspect is the case with most studio). I'd be interested to hear what others in the cultural heritage sector think about this.

Best,
Kate

Kate Whitley
Digital - Imaging