To view this newsletter in a browser, visit:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A2=AGROFORESTRY-NEWS;685d9ec0.1711p

To ensure that this newsletter is delivered to your inbox, add

AGFORWARD News: Nov 2017
Agroforestry for Europe
Logo

In this Newsletter:

Countdown to Agroforestry Meeting in the European Parliament

Register by Monday 20 November

Policy report

Contact Details

Subscription Details

Countdown to Agroforestry Meeting in the European Parliament

The AGFORWARD project is nearing completion and you are invited to an evening meeting in Brussels on Wednesday 29 November. We have entitled the meeting "1 + 1 = 3" as our research has demonstrated that combining trees and agriculture creates synergies across economic, environmental and social dimensions. A strong invited panel will then examine how we can mainstream these benefits in practice and through policy. I hope that you are able to attend. Please note that you need to register by Monday 20 November!

With best wishes

Paul Burgess
AGFORWARD Co-ordinator

READ MORE

Register by Monday 20 November

Image

The meeting at the European Parliament is hosted by Paul Brannen MEP and we will describe how Agroforestry and European Research are boosting the revenues and resilience of Europe’s farmers.

The meeting starts with the main results of the AGFORWARD research project including the launch of the AGFORWARD folder of 46 agroforestry innovation and 10 agroforestry best practice leaflets.

Paul Brannen MEP will then chair a panel who will examine how we can mainstream agroforestry in Europe. The invited panel includes:

• Clara Aguilera Garcia MEP (Vice Chair, Committee on Agriculture and Rural Development, European Parliament),
• Olivier De Schutter (Co-chair of the International Panel of Experts on Sustainable Food Systems),
• Valentin Opfermann (Policy Advisor on Agricultural and Environmental Research and Environmental Issues at COPA-COGECA),
• Mauro Poinelli (Head of Unit Environment, Forestry and Climate Change, DG AGRI, European Commission), and
• Patrick Worms (Senior Science Policy Adviser at the World Agroforestry Centre).

There will be a time for questions and the meeting will be followed by a drinks reception and an opportunity for networking.

If you wish to join this important event, you will need to register by Monday 20 November 2017 by clicking on the link below:

READ MORE

Policy report

Image

In advance of the meeting, AGFORWARD released a 21 page report in October, led by Rosa Mosquera-Losada, which describes how policy can support the uptake of agroforestry in Europe. The report builds on an initial report on "Extent and Success of Current Policy Measures to Promote Agroforestry across Europe", comprises seven sections, and makes 15 recommendations.

READ MORE

Contact Details

Paul Burgess, AGFORWARD Project Co-ordinator,
Cranfield University, Cranfield, Bedfordshire, MK43 0AL, UK

Kenisha Garnett, AGFORWARD Project Administrator,
Cranfield University, Cranfield, Bedfordshire, MK43 0AL, UK

Rosa Mosquera-Losada, AGFORWARD representative from the European Agroforestry Federation,

Fabien Liagre, Leader of the AGFORWARD dissemination work-package,

www.agforward.eu

You are subscribed to AGFORWARD News. To unsubscribe, visit:
https://WWW.JISCMAIL.AC.UK/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=AGROFORESTRY-NEWS&A=1

The AGFORWARD project (Grant Agreement N° 613520) is co-funded by the European Commission, Directorate General for Research & Innovation, within the 7th Framework Programme of RTD, Theme 2 - Biotechnologies, Agriculture & Food. The views and opinions expressed in this report are purely those of the writers and may not in any circumstances be regarded as stating an official position of the European Commission