Help for ADS-ALL Archives

ADS-ALL Archives

ADS-ALL@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

ADS-ALL Home

ADS-ALL  March 2008

ADS-ALL March 2008

The Archaeology Data Service announces continuing support from the AHRC.

Stuart Jeffrey <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 31 Mar 2008 14:13:20 +0100

**** Apologies for cross posting ****

The Archaeology Data Service announces continuing support from the AHRC.

Many of you may be aware that the Arts and Humanities Research Council
(AHRC) withdrew funding from the Arts and Humanities Data Service (AHDS)
from 31 March 2008, and that the AHDS ceased to operate from that date. AHDS
Archaeology, one of five subject specific AHDS services, was hosted by the
ADS in York. However, due to the importance of the ADS in providing key
digital archiving, advice and dissemination services for Archaeology and the
Historic Environment sector the AHRC has confirmed that it will continue to
fund the ADS directly. This means that the services offered to AHRC
applicants and grant holders will continue to be available from the ADS as
normal. It represents a significant vote of confidence in the work carried
out by ADS over the last decade.

The ADS is proud to be supported in this way and our work for Higher
Education sector is a significant element in the range of activities that we
carry out for all archaeologists whether they are commercial units, local
and national government bodies, local societies or individuals. We look
forward to continuing to develop and enhance our services into the future.

Regards,
Stuart.

Related news links are available from ADS News at http://ads.ahds.ac.uk

--------------------------