ACB-CLIN-CHEM-GEN Archives

ACB-CLIN-CHEM-GEN@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

ACB-CLIN-CHEM-GEN Home

ACB-CLIN-CHEM-GEN  May 2018

ACB-CLIN-CHEM-GEN May 2018

Re: Friday afternoon case

"GERRARD, Adam (BIRMINGHAM WOMEN'S AND CHILDREN'S NHS FOUNDATION TRUST)" <[log in to unmask]>

GERRARD, Adam (BIRMINGHAM WOMEN'S AND CHILDREN'S NHS FOUNDATION TRUST)" <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 4 May 2018 16:19:29 +0000

Please remember that X-linked adrenoleucodystrophy is found to be the underlying cause in a large proportion (15-30%) of males that present with Addison's in childhood/adolescence, so plasma VLCFA should always be requested in young male cases.

Adam
Newborn Screening & Biochemical Genetics
Birmingham Children's Hospital