The religion and the mythology of the Pagan Slavs are poorly known to
non-Slavist scholars. Although some major studies on folklore have been
published in French or in English, the synthesis concerning paganism itself
are rare and old. The French editions Lingva (www.lingva.fr) would like to
try to remedy this by publishing a collection of recent essays in English.
To be accepted, these articles must meet a series of criteria:
- they must be written in English;
- they must be unpublished in English (but they may have been previously
published in another language);
- they must concern in the first place the religion and the mythology of the
pagan Slavs. It is of course possible to refer to folklore, but only to the
extent that it confirms old data;
- texts based on archaeological discoveries are welcome;
- any form of neo-paganism is excluded.
There is no size limit and iconography is welcome. The texts must be
accompanied by an abstract and keywords in English and in the language of
the author's choice. Each author will receive a copy of the book and the pdf
file of his article.
Deadline for submission of texts: 1st September 2018.
Contact address: Viktoriya and Patrice Lajoye, [log in to unmask]