Help for ABSTD Archives

ABSTD Archives

ABSTD@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

ABSTD Home

ABSTD  June 2005

ABSTD June 2005

Curriculum Structure & European Credit Transfer System

Roy Russell <[log in to unmask]>

Roy Russell <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 2 Jun 2005 12:33:46 +0100

Dear Colleagues

Some of you may have seen the Discussion Document on Curriculum
Structure & European Credit Transfer System for European Dental Schools,
which is available from http://adee.dental.tcd.ie/

The paper includes suggestions for implementation of changes under the
Bologna agreement, intended to promote mobility between schools.  It
does not include any proposals for curriculum content, which is the
subject of the document Profile and Competences for the European
Dentist, also available from the ADEE site.  It does, however, stress
the importance of integrating basic, medical and dental sciences both
vertically and horizontally.

The other main proposals relate to the design of courses as a series of
modules with defined ECTS credit value, proposals for elective topics,
and the inclusion of a research project.

Individual dental schools were asked to respond to the document I am
seeking your views as to whether ABSTD should also submit comments.  Are
there any specific issues in the draft that are of particular concern to
us as basic science teachers?

If you would like to comment, please send your message to the list:
Let me know if you have any problem with send your message.

I look forward to hearing from you.

With Best Wishes

Roy Russell (President)

Prof RRB Russell