Example of RESTRICTED-LIST for JiscMail Helpline staff. A Restricted List list is used for open discussions, debates, info sharing & collaboration (e.g subject-specific group who wish to communicate/debate/share opportunities/events) Although subscriptions for the group are managed by the list owner, the list has PUBLIC archives.
Note - list description not set to HTML as standard, - this has been done to assist staff
Key Features of Restricted List
- Subscription is normally managed by the list owner(Subscription= By_Owner Confirm) A subscriber can join the list by:
A list owner CAN add a new subscriber to this list JISCMail Helpline CANNOT add a new subscriber this list. The list archives for this list are PUBLIC Only subscribers can SEND messages to the list (Send= Private) The list IS advertised on the JiscMail website (Confidential= No) Only list owner(s) can view subscribers emails (Review= Owner) See List Management > List Configuration > Manual List Configuration for settings
- Subscribe/Unsubscribe Request Form
- Sending request to List Owners: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sending request to email@example.com
- Sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org with message SUBSCRIBE listname In some cases subscriber needs to respond to a confirmation message.