Example of PUBLIC-DISCUSSION-LIST for JiscMail Helpline staff. A Public Discussion list is used for open 2-way discussions, debates, info sharing & collaboration (e.g subject-specific group who wish to communicate/debate/share opportunities/events) This type of list may require few privacy controls to encourage new subscribers.
Note - list description not set to HTML as standard, - this has been done to assist staff
Key Features of Public Discussion List
- Subscription is normally open (anyone can join)(Subscription= Open, confirm) A subscriber can join the list by:
A list owner CAN add a new subscriber to this list JISCMail Helpline CAN add a new subscriber this list. The list archives are PUBLIC Anyone can SEND* messages to the list (Send= Public, Confirm, Non-Member) - A non-subscriber needs to respond to a confirmation to post - Some Public-Discussion-Lists only allow subscribers to post (Send= Private) The list IS advertised on the JiscMail website (Confidential= No) Only list owner(s) can view subscribers emails (Review= Owner) See List Management > List Configuration > Manual List Configuration for settings
- Subscribe/Unsubscribe Request Form
- Sending request to List Owners: email@example.com
- Sending request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sending email to email@example.com with message SUBSCRIBE listname In some cases subscriber needs to respond to a confirmation message.