Example of MODERATED-DISCUSSION-LIST for JiscMail Helpline staff. A Moderated Discussion list is used for discussions, debates, info sharing & collaboration *ALL* messages are checked/approved by moderators/editors before they are posted to the list.
Note - list description not set to HTML as standard, - this has been done to assist staff
Key Features of Moderated Discussion List
- Subscription is normally open (anyone can join)(Subscription= Open, confirm) A subscriber can join the list by:
A list owner CAN add a new subscriber to this list JISCMail Helpline CAN add a new subscriber this list. The list archives are generally PUBLIC (but some moderated lists may wish to be PRIVATE) Only subscribers can SEND messages to the list (Send= Private) - ALL messages are checked/approved before being posted to the list The list IS advertised on the JiscMail website (Confidential= No) Only list owner(s) can view subscribers emails (Review= Owner) See List Management > List Configuration > Manual List Configuration for settings
- Subscribe/Unsubscribe Request Form
- Sending request to List Owners: email@example.com
- Sending request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sending email to email@example.com with message SUBSCRIBE listname In some cases subscriber needs to respond to a confirmation message.