- The Disaster Resilience list aims to develop knowledge and understanding of the
complex term, resilience; and to identify the key dimensions of resilience across a
range of disciplines and domains.
- The creation of this list is linked to the FP7 project, emBRACE: Building Resilience
Amongst Communities in Europe www.embrace-eu.org
- emBRACE is jointly co-ordinated by Prof Debby Sapir (Universite Catholique De
Louvain) and Dr Maureen Fordham (Northumbria University)
- This DISASTER-RESILIENCE discussion list was launched on 13 October 2011,
International Day for Disaster Reduction http://www.unisdr.org/2011/iddr/. The List
is managed by Maureen Fordham, John Twigg and Hugh Deeming
- The emBRACE project has received funding from the European Communitys
Seventh Framework Programme FP7/2007-2013 under grant agreement n° 283201.
The European Community is not liable for any use that may be made of the
information shared on this list.