An announcements list for the applied probability community, set up and
maintained by the Royal Statistical Society's Applied Probability Section.
Examples of appropriate usage:
- announcements of applied probability meetings, workshops, conferences
- information on relevant seminar programmes (one mail per department per term
please, to avoid overload)
- relevant job announcements (i.e. announcements you would personally be happy
to receive in your inbox - PhD studentships, post-docs, lectureships, research-level
- requests for collaborators to build network grants and the likes
Examples that we would prefer not to see:
- yet another job advert for an applied statistician
- weekly seminar announcements
Of course, if usage differs from this and nobody complains then we will not intervene!