Example of ANNOUNCEMENT-LIST for JiscMail Helpline staff. An announcement list is used for 1-way announcement/broadcast of information (e.g an organisation/project who wants to share newsletters, information, service information) This type of list may require few privacy controls to encourage new subscribers.
Note - list description not set to HTML as standard, - this has been done to assist staff
Key Features of Announcement List
- Subscription is normally open (anyone can join) (Subscription= Open, confirm) A subscriber can join the list by:
A list owner CAN add a new subscriber to this list JISCMail Helpline CAN add a new subscriber this list. The list archives are PUBLIC. Only List Owners can SEND messages to the list (Send= Owner) The list IS advertised on the JiscMail website (Confidential= No) Only List Owners can view subscribers emails (Review= Owner) See List Management > List Configuration > Manual List Configuration for settings
- Subscribe/Unsubscribe Request Form
- Sending request to List Owners: email@example.com
- Sending request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sending email to email@example.com with message SUBSCRIBE listname In some cases subscriber needs to respond to a confirmation message.