I'm glad someone is finally talking about this. The fact that stretching
makes connective tissue longer and that "warming up" enhances blood flow
has never been dispute. Neither have ever been shown to prevent injury. Ever.

Of greatest interest to me is the tendency of the medical and therapy
communities to continue to insist that they do. I don't expect this to
change in my lifetime. On the same track, is there a study out there
demonstrating a correlation between posture and pain?

Barrett L. Dorko P.T.
<http://qin.com/dorko>
Now also at "Rehab Edge" <http://www.rehabedge.com>