WILLIAM PURKIS wrote:

> Dear all
>
> I have just subscribed to the list and am interested in the development of
> the cult of St James in medieval Spain, the pilgrimage to Santiago, and
> its connections with the reconquista. Can anyone point me to anything of
> interest, either primary or secondary?
>
> Regards
>
> William Purkis
>
> Lancaster University

Dear William, there is a whole section on Santiago de Compostela at the
Warburg if you're ever down in London. I myself have recently published
in the Italian journal specifically dedicated to the phenomenon,
Compostella, Rivista del Centro Italiano di Studi Compostellani,
Pistoia-Perugia e-mail: [log in to unmask] Ask for Paulo Caucci von
Saucken. He is one of the foremost experts in Europe at the moment.
Regards, Rodney Lokaj