Dear Colleagues,

Last week you may have noticed a somewhat cryptic message about
original sin.   Indeed one person commented!

Here is the explanation:

Tinho Da Cruz our very own editor of Cartographiti went to Rome with
Kate  for a long weekend and whilst in the Sistine Chapel (standing
under the Michaelango panel depicting Original Sin - serpent
tempting Eve tempting Adam and these are Tinho's very words)  he
asked  Kate  to marry him and she said yes.

We all know Tinho and we look forward to meeting Kate who is a
landscape artist (a suitably mappy occupation)

Congratulations to Tinho and Kate.

Tinho's email is [log in to unmask]

Who will be the first to come up with a cartouche on a map depicting
Adam and Eve and the Serpent?    I will buy you a drink at the next
Map Curators' Group Workshop.

Ann Sutherland
Convenor, Map Curators' Group, British Cartographic Society