----------
From: Brigitte Boyce <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]
Subject: RE: Assistenten programme
Date: 13 December 1999 18:08

University and Industry based option are preferred?
Decline in students studying German at HE?
Reputation of teaching (esp. in UK) as an unattractive career option for
linguists - therefore, why take out an assistentship during your year
abroad?
All this is, of course, linked to the UK's culture on language learning
and to its comparative lack of capacity in this area...

Sorry, not more time for thought and away until next week.
Dr. B.Boyce
Director,
ALL
Is Anthony Howick from Central Bureau going to be there? If not, perhaps
you could talk to him.