RE: Confidence interval

The use of likelihood ratios can over come some of this.  However, most areas of diagnosis and prognosis, still suffer from small number problems in their development.  Perhaps, could explain the range of CI to patients, by stating that as we use the test, treatment, etc. the CI should shrink as we accumulate data.  Of course, it  would behoove us all to do this on a local level, so that we can generate CI's for our patients.

Best regards,
Dan Sontheimer, M.D., Asst. Prof. Of Family Medicine
Spartanburg Family Medicine Residency Program
853 N. Church Street Suite 510
Spartanburg, SC 29303
Email:  [log in to unmask]