Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 10:23:25 -0500
From: "Jul,Erik" <[log in to unmask]>
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Relation Element Qualifier Ballot

DC-Relation List Participants:
Below I present the proposed initial list of Element Qualifiers for the
Dublin Core Element, Relation.
It is incumbent upon subscribers to this list to ratify this list of
Relation Element Qualifiers.
Upon ratification by members of this list I shall forward the proposal to
the Dublin Core Advisory Committee and Usage Committee, which shall have
final approval.
Upon approval, this list of Relation Element Qualifiers shall be published
by the Dublin Core Metadata Initiative.
Just a reminder: this is an *initial* list of qualifiers.  Our discussions
have revealed the possible need for additional Relation Element Qualifiers,
proposals for which can be developed following the publication, upon
approval, of this initial list of qualifiers.
This proposal is present in the form of a ballot.  Mark you votes and return
to me at [log in to unmask] by Friday, December 10, 1999.  I will tally and report
the voting.
Thank you for your participation in this process.
--Erik
Erik Jul
Relation/Source WG Chair
***************************BALLOT*************************
Vote for or against each Relation Element Qualifier AND each Relation
Element Qualifier definition.  Indicate vote by marking with and X.
1. IsPartOf
[  ] Yes
[  ] No

2. Definition/Usage:  The described resource is a physical or logical part
of the referenced resource.
[  ] Yes
[  ] No

3. HasPart
[  ] Yes
[  ] No

4. Definition/Usage:  The described resource comprises the referenced
resource either physically or logically.
[  ] Yes
[  ] No

5. IsVersionOf
[  ] Yes
[  ] No

6. Definition/Usage:  The described resource is a version, edition, or
adaptation of the referenced resource.
[  ] Yes
[  ] No

7. HasVersion
[  ] Yes
[  ] No

8. Definition/Usage:  The described resource has a version, edition, or
adaptation, namely, the referenced resource.
[  ] Yes
[  ] No

9. OtherVersion
[  ] Yes
[  ] No

10. Definition/Usage:  The described resource has a versional relationship
with the referenced resource, but the precedence of the two resources is
unknown.
[  ] Yes
[  ] No

11. Replaces
[  ] Yes
[  ] No

12. Definition/Usage:  The described resource supplants, displaces, or
supercedes the referenced resource.
[  ] Yes
[  ] No

13. IsReplacedBy
[  ] Yes
[  ] No

14. Definition/Usage:  The described resource is supplanted, displaced, or
superceded by the referenced resource.
[  ] Yes
[  ] No

15. Continues
[  ] Yes
[  ] No

16. Definition/Usage:  The described resource is a logical continuation of
the referenced resource.
[  ] Yes
[  ] No

17. IsContinuedBy
[  ] Yes
[  ] No

18. Definition/Usage:  The described resource is logically continued by the
referenced resource.
[  ] Yes
[  ] No

19. IsFormatOf
[  ] Yes
[  ] No

20. Definition/Usage:  The described resource is essentially the same
intellectual content of the pre-existing referenced resource and is
presented in another format.
[  ] Yes
[  ] No

21. HasFormat
[  ] Yes
[  ] No

22. Definition/Usage:  The described resource pre-existed the referenced
resource, which is essentially the same intellectual content presented in
another format.
[  ] Yes
[  ] No

23. OtherFormat
[  ] Yes
[  ] No

24. Definition/Usage:  Both the described resource and the referenced
resource contain essentially the same intellectual content in different
formats; the precedence of the referenced resource is unknown.
[  ] Yes
[  ] No

25. References
[  ] Yes
[  ] No

26. Definition/Usage:  The described resource references, cites, or
otherwise points to the referenced resource.
[  ] Yes
[  ] No

27. IsReferencedBy
[  ] Yes
[  ] No

28. Definition/Usage:  The described resource is referenced, cited, or
otherwise pointed to by the referenced resource.
[  ] Yes
[  ] No

29. IsBasedOn
[  ] Yes
[  ] No

30. Definition/Usage:  The described resource is conceptually based on the
referenced resource.
[  ] Yes
[  ] No

31. IsBasisFor
[  ] Yes
[  ] No

32. Definition/Usage:  The described resource is conceptually the basis for
the referenced resource.
[  ] Yes
[  ] No

33. Requires
[  ] Yes
[  ] No

34. Definition/Usage:  The described resource requires the referenced
resource, either physically or logically.
[  ] Yes
[  ] No

35. IsRequiredBy
[  ] Yes
[  ] No

36. Definition/Usage:  The described resource is required by the referenced