Thanks Chris,
I am aware that this part needs strengthening - howewer I wasn't sure what
SMRs wanted, especially given the variable position of development of GIS.
So I included something I had already written for another audience
altogether and hoped that this would act as an 'Aunt Sally' for people to
say what they would like to see. This part will change quite a bit - I want
to do very much as you describe to include parts on how GIS data is created,
what data, importance of metadata etc.
thanks again - this is most useful
Paul