Hello Everyone,

Iam a postgraduate at the Univesity of Leeds. My interests are really quite varied although I tend to focus mainly on two main strands of medieval history.

1) The Crusades - especially the developments that the interaction between east and west stimulated developments in techniques in warfare eg: advancement of the design of siege machines or approaches to open battles. And how in terms of theology the crusading movement could be justified.

2) The Black Death - Notably how the pestilance of 1348 and its recurrance in the early 1360s was percieved religiously and whether there were any significant changes in appraoch to religious practices and the express of religion in artistic work.

Any information / help  on either topic will be very gratefully recieved.