Date sent:      	Fri, 26 Nov 1999 09:14:53 -0000
Subject:        	Re: German Dialects
From:           	"Eve Miller" <[log in to unmask]>
To:             	<[log in to unmask]>
Send reply to:  	[log in to unmask]

Dear Dave,

I am a musicologist and working on a project on Nuremberg in the
15th and early 16th century. The prayer book you are working on
sounds interesting.
For the dialect I would suggest contacting professor Horst Brunner
at the University of Würzburg. You can find his email and fax
address on the homepage of the university (www.uni-
wuerzburg.de). He is in the German department there. Horst
Brunner has published a lot on literature in Nuremberg and he was
also responsible for the edition of the prereformation Meistersinger-
texts.
If you cannot find his email address, let me know. I have his
telephone number.
Does your prayer book have any melodies by chance? Was it
written for a cleric or a lay person? The Stadtbibliothek Nürnberg
has a collection of private devotional books from that period.

Volker Schier