On Fri, 19 Nov 1999, garyjune wrote:

> Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 18:33:28 -0600
> From: garyjune <[log in to unmask]>
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Translation help needed
>
> "Item, in questo tempo fu facta la pianeta, el palio de cremosi figurato
> quasi novo, della helimosina de sora Eufrosina de Sforca de li Oddi, fu de
> pregio de sessanta fiorini [she entered 8 Dec. 1482]";

pianeta = chassuble
palio can mean pallium
I have found references to cremosi as meaning either a great quantity of
cloth or white, soft cloth
Might the text read "e'l"?

A stab at it:

Likewise, in that time was made the chassuble and the pallium de cremosi
figured (embroidered?) almost anew out of the alms of Sor Eufrosina de
Sforza degli Oddi;  it cost 60 florins.

and in 1496: "Item,
> fece fare la palla grande per lo altare della chiesia de fore lavorata
> dalle sore tucte de oro et seta come appare nella sacrestia."

Does fore = fuori?  Is there in this case a church outside a monastic
church for others' use, as is found in various places?

Likewise [is there a subject missing?] caused to be made the great pall
for the altar of the church outside worked by all the sisters of gold &
silk as appears [is found?] in the sacresty.

Tom Izbicki