TITLE: CONGRESSIONAL FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM - AMERICAN PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSOCIATION

> SPONSOR: AMERICAN PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSOCIATION (APA)
> PURPOSE: To provide psychologists with an invaluable public policy
> learning experience, to contribute to the more effective use of
> psychological knowledge in government, and to broaden awareness about
> the value of psychology-government interaction among psychologists and
> within the federal governments
>
> DEADLINE: January 7, 2000
>
> SUMMARY: Fellows spend one year working as a special legislative
> assistant on the staff of a member of Congress or Congressional
> Committee. Activities may involve conducting legislative or oversight
> work, assisting in Congressional hearings and debates, and preparing
> briefs and writing speeches. Fellows also attend an orientation program
> on Congressional and executive branch operations, which includes
> guidance in the Congressional placement process, and a year-long
> seminar series on science and public issues. These aspects of the
> program are administered by the American Association for the
> Advancement of Science for the APA Fellows and those sponsored by
> nearly two dozen other professional societies.
>
> CRITERIA
> A prospective Fellow must demonstrate competence in scientific and/or
> professional psychology. Fellows must also demonstrate sensitivity
> toward policy issues and have a strong interest in applying

Matching Keywords :
        Fellowships

Dear Friends and Colleauges,

IF YOU GET A BOUNCE MESSAGE!!!

I get all my messages from my WID email account forwarded to an Earthlink account ([log in to unmask]) .
Earthlink  gets full and bounces but my WID account never does and I do get all your messages. Please ignore earthlink bounces!

Devva Kasnitz, PhD
Research Director,
Research and Training Center
     on Independent Living and Disability Policy
World Institute on Disability
510 16 Street, Suite #100
Oakland, CA  94612-1500

Voice: 510-251-4348