[From: "Bill Hutchison" <[log in to unmask]> ]

Please accept our apologies if you receive more than one copy of
this message.

CHIEF TECHNOLOGY OFFICER - WEB SEARCH START-UP

Wordmap is a well-funded and well-connected British start-up company
developing a unique range of tools and interfaces for text access and
management. Our products have a particular strength in natural language
processing, and we are taking new and different approaches to its use in Web
search.

We are now looking for an outstanding person to become Wordmap's Chief
Technology Officer. This is an opportunity to lead the development of an
innovative information management toolset from the ground up. The CTO will
work on conceptualisation, design and architecture, through user requirement
analysis and product specification, to launch. He or she will initially
recruit a team of two senior engineers to build the software infrastructure.

We are looking for someone with a combination of vision and pragmatic
project management skills. Delivering a finished product for launch on time
will be the most critical task. Our CTO will call on his detailed
programming knowledge in guiding the engineering task. At the same time, he
will work with the founders to plan future product development and foster
innovation.

We will offer the right candidate a salary of up to £80,000, plus bonus,
plus personal health insurance. He will also participate in a generous stock
option scheme.

We will look for these attributes:

-	proven ability to manage and deliver complex large scale technology
projects, preferably in a related commercial environment
-	deep knowledge of natural language techniques in information retrieval,
search/text management technologies. High level experience in developing
these technologies
-	detailed understanding of browser and other Web technologies, XML
-	interest in relevant broader developments, ie metadata, agents
-	wide programming skills and ability to implement as well as conceive.

Please reply by sending an email with your CV attached, including a one
paragraph explanation of why you would be well qualified for this role, to