Dear all,

Could someone spare 5 minutes to clarify for me what the relationship is
between a diagnostic pathway, a clinical guideline, and an integrated care
pathway?

The sort of ideas being discussed in this thread are rather similar to work
being done here at the ICRF in terms of converting (hopefully reputable)
clinical practice guidelines / pathways into a standardised, machine
readable, interchange format.  These are then stored on a central server,
and either consulted over the web, or downloaded to a local system for
customisation as necessary.

I know the "doing it all on computer" is not the main thrust of the thread,
but suspect the overlap is considerable.

Jon Bury
Clincal Reserach Fellow / peripatetic A+E SHO
Imperial Cancer Research Fund

"Before criticising anyone, tie their shoelaces together."