On Wed 27 Oct 1999 - 13:16:16 BST Sylvia Mingay wrote:

I have been asked to provide some information
about the "Bologna Declaration". Does anyone
know any details? I would be most grateful for
some assistance.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sylvia,

The OECD is organising a conference in Bologna in June 2000 on the theme
"Enhancing the Competitiveness of SMEs in the Global Economy: Strategies and
Policies".  It is expected that government ministers attending the
conference will be asked to approve a document known as 'The Bologna
Charter', which will contain principles on ways for SMEs to reap the
benefits of the global economy and technological progress.

As yet the charter does not exist, but it will be prepared by an OECD
working party during the coming months.  Although there is no document
available yet, the intention to produce the "Bologna Charter" has been
widely referred to, so possibly it is this that your enquirer has heard
about.

Some information about the conference is already available on the SME page
of the OECD website at:
http://www.oecd.org/dsti/sti/industry/smes/index.htm.  This information will
be expanded as the conference draws closer.

Best regards,

Chris

Chris Lamb
Documentation Officer