Hello Marie,
References which may help you in your work on javelin release characteristics

Javelin: Increase in release velocity as the main objective in throwing.
A report in the 'International Seminar on the Javelin and Hammer Throws' in East Berlin, 1987
Ref: New Studies in Athletics, (IAAF), March 1988, p: 35-38

Javelin: The Javelin. A review of technique and training content. [Arbeit, Bartonietz, et al]
Part 3, Effective javelin-throw technique from a methodological and biomechanical point of view.
Ref: New Studies in Athletics, (IAAF), March 1988, p: 61-69

Javelin: Mechanical and Bio-Mechanical Principles. [Johnson]
Athletics Coach. (BAAB), Vol. 22, No. 1, 1988, p:27-28, and Vol. 22, No. 2, p:11-12.

Javelin: Release Velocity - the main aim in throwing events [Joch]
Modern Athlete and Coach (Aus) 1989, Vol. 27, No. 3, p: 31-34

Javelin: Simulation of the Flight Distances of Javelins Based on a Neural Network Approach [ Maier, Bartonietz, et al], 16th Symposium of the ISBS (International Society of Biomechanics in Sport).
www.isbs98.uni-konstanz.de/topic2.html

Javelin: Intra-Individual Differences of Movement Patterns in Javelin Throws [Menzel],
16th Symposium of the ISBS
www.isbs98.uni-konstanz.de/topic3.html

Good luck
Regards,