Hi All

I agree with Renee Cordrey who wrote...
>You cannot get a virus from an e-mail, unless you open an
attachment.
This is correct, since all viruses require an executable command to
open (activate) them.

>Most of those alerts are hoaxes.
You can check to see if the current alert is a hoax by going to:
http://www.hitchhikers.net/av.shtml
The only one that I can recall that was not a hoax was Melissa.
http://www.cert.org/advisories/CA-99-04-Melissa-Macro-Virus.html
or http://pspl.com/trojan_info/win32/zipped_files.htm
These are only a few of the many excellent sites that have
information on viruses, trojan horses, and hoaxes.

>I have not contracted any viruses, and I've been on the list too.
I agree once more.  Remember to firsly get the most up to date DAT
file for the antivirus program you are running.  The help file of any
antivirus program will tell you the Web address of where the latest
DAT file is available.  You should do this monthly.  Second, scan ALL
attachments that you download before you execute or open them
(including Zip files)!!  That is ALL files, even if they are sent by
Bill Gates and he is your best buddy who is a computer geek and who
you think would never send you a virus.

Hope this is of further help for all.

Cheers