I have come across a number of english legal cases from the
mid-16th century where great store was set by what the 'ultime voluntate' of
the deceased had been.  Though in these cases its incontrovertability was
probably more to do with its irrevocability. These statements were
occasionally cited in an attempt  to overturn earlier written wills.
Equally, many times people tried to have
last-gasp legacies revoked because the deceased had been utterly
speechless or mad and out of his wits.   I have come across them in the
equity courts, but am no great expert on whether they appear in common law
cases.  And of course such cases only arise when matters are in dispute and
the stakes are high enough...

However these are legacies and not declarations.  I have it in the back of
my mind that condemned criminals were mindful to clear the decks when
execution was imminent but trying to pull an example out of a hat is going
be difficult.  I suspect I have seen them in the published Elizabethan
assize circuit accounts so it won't be a medieval example.

And of course there are the politically motivated judicial murders  in which
the likes of Thomas More and Thomas Cromwell were forced to confess
non-existent offences publicly.  I'm not sure how credulous the general
populace were, but in the mid-1550s when in rapid succession Thomas
Seymour, his brother Edward, and Robert Dudley sent each other  to the block
like dominos they must have had some doubts!

Regards

John A.W. Lock