(Since I'm on such a role... :)

Most of the authors of the New Testament (assuming for now the traditional
attirbution of authorship) were in fact Jews -- with the major exception of
Luke, who may have been a Greek proselyte to Judaiam before his conversion
-- if we use the word only as a term indicating race.  The problem is that
the word "Jew" usually indicates both race and religion.  Thus, excepting
Luke, the authors of the Old Testament were Jewish by race and Christian by
religion -- Hebrew Christians, one might prefer to say.

And, if one accepts the Catholic theory that the Christian Church founded
by Christ is the same as the Catholic Church, that would make the authors
of the New Testament Hebrew Catholics as well...

DJU

At 03:08 PM 10/4/99 -0400, Peter Eardley wrote:
>I thought Jews wrote the New Testament.
>
>On Mon, 4 Oct 1999, joseph pope wrote:
>
>> To Pat,
>>         Of course the Catholic Canon was finally set at the Council of
>> Trent But don't  forget Catholics were using the Bible since the time of
>> Christ.  Heck it was Catholics who wrote all of the New Testament.
>> Joe Pope

Donald Jacob Uitvlugt

"Vis capere celsitudinem Dei?  Cape prius humilitatem Dei."
	-- S. Augustine, Sermo 117, 17