A  while ago I posted a message to the list concerning sponsorship in public
libraries.
(original post reproduced at the end of this message)
Helen Baigent, EARL Liaison Officer, gave examples of sponsors for EARL (for
example, the sponsor's corporate logo on delegate packs), Lynn Osborne, Head
of Library and Information Services, Lifelong Learning, reminded us about
VAT and Sue Killoran of County Library Arts & Museums Service, Gloucester
Libraries, supplied us with a very useful contact, their Marketing and
Quality
Assurance Officer.
Many thanks to all of the above

Debby Wale
London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham

original post to the list:
Do any lis-pub-libbers out there have any experience with sponsorship?
We are particularly interested in any problems regarding legal issues,
particularly concerning benefits given by the library authority to the
sponsor,  i.e. slogans/logos on library publicity/equipment or words to the
effect that "This year's summer programme has been supported by >the
sponsor< "
Any information regarding the agreements (if any) made between the receiving
authority and the sponsor would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance

Debby Wale
London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham