From: Klazien Matter-Walstra
To: EBM
Sent: 10/14/99 11:16 AM
Subject: Melanoma

Dear colleques,

Although I have studied the literature intensively I am not succeeding
in
finding absolut risk numbers for sun exposure and  developing melanoma .
What I try to do is to say : When X persons are being exposed to the sun
 for a certain period, every day, only on holliday, or whatever), Y will
develop melanoma and X-Y do not,  and when Q persons are exposed less or
more M will develop melanoma and Q-M will not, like in the 4 field
tables,
described for treatment.
Does anybody knows about such numbers or studies or literature ? I only
can
find case controlled studies mentioning odd ratio's, which doesn't say
anything about absolut risks.

Thanks a lot
With best regards,
Dr. Klazien Matter-Walstra

Work:
Stiftung Paracelsus heute
Ilgenweidstrasse 3
8840 Einsiedeln
Tel: +41 (0)55 4188195,  Fax: +41 (0)55 4188196
http://www.paracelsus-heute.ch/
Privat:
Innerbergstrasse 55
3044 Innerberg