This is a Hoax, M Clare Taylor, see below.  Hopefully you will also forward
this to everyone to whom you forwarded the virus hoax  - except back to the
list, again, of course.

>From Symantec AntiVirus Research Center
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/hoax.html

BUDDYLST.ZIP
Aliases:    Budweiser
Infection length:   Hoax
Area of infection:  Hoax
Likelihood:     Hoax
Region reported:    Online
Characteristics:    Hoax
Target platform:    Hoax
Trigger date:   Hoax

BUDDYLST.ZIP is not a virus. It is a hoax. The "virus" does not exist. There
is currently no virus that has the characteristics ascribed to BUDDYLST.ZIP.
It is a sham, meant only to panic new or inexperienced computer users.
The hoax message includes the following "warning" in several forms:
Form 1:
Yesterday a friend of mine called and told me about something that happened
to him. He opened his E-mail and this BUDDYLST.ZIP was there. When he opened
it his computer crashed and when he tried to re-boot he had lost everything!
It was a Virus that os being passed around...........BEWARE!
Please forward to as many people as you can so no one will get hurt. These
people need to be stopped. Don't download anything form "buddylst.zip" or you
will lose all your files.
Form 2:
A computer virus is going around! It is called BUDDYLST.ZIP! Do not download
or some jerk from the internet will get your screen name and password! Please
send this to any names you can think of and remember never download
BUDDYLST.ZIP
Form 3:
VIRUS ALERT
Someone is sending out a very desirable screen-saver, the Budweiser Frogs -
"BUDDYLST.ZIP". If you download it, you will lose everything!!! Your hard
drive will crash and someone from the Internet will get your screen name and
password!
DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!!!
IT JUST WENT INTO circulation yesterday, as far as we know. Please
distribute/inform this message.
This is a new, very malicious virus and not many people know about it. This
information was announced yesterday morning from Microsoft. Please share it
with everyone that might access the Internet. Once again, pass this along to
EVERYONE in your address book so at this may be stopped.
Also do not open or even look at any mail that says "RETURNED OR UNABLE TO
DELIVER". This virus will attach itself to your computer components and
render them useless. Immediately delete mail=A0 items that say this. AOL has
said that this is a very dangerous virus and that there is NO remedy for it
at this time. Please practice cautionary measures and forward this to all you
on-line friends ASAP.
Please ignore any messages regarding this supposed "virus" and do not pass on
any messages regarding it. Passing on messages about this hoax serves only to
further propagate it.

------ M Clare Taylor <[log in to unmask] wrote -----------
EXTREMELY DANGEROUS VIRUS

Robert Marshall, MD