Dear colleagues,

I see that EUR-OP has at last publicly announced the forthcoming changes to
its legal databases that have been planned for some time. In a speech by the
new Commissioner, marking the 30th anniversary of EUR-OP:

"Viviane Reding announced, moreover, the arrival of an integrated electronic
package in the early spring 2000. All current legal services will be grouped
together under the name of EUR-Lex. EUR-OP is meanwhile working on the
electronic consolidation of all existing EU legislation. The aim of EUR-OP
is to make changes to EU law by Parliament and Council immediately available
in consolidated form on the Internet."

I am told that the public release of the integrated EUR-Lex/CELEX/EUDOR
package will not occur until May or June 2000.  The consolidation programme
will take 3 years to complete, with the first fruits appearing by the end of
this year.

Regards,

Chris

Chris Lamb