Seems that this discussion on identities, positions, and binaries is a
good opportunity for me to encourage list members to submit an abstract to
the DSQ edition on multiple disabilities/identities.  I am guest editing
this edition and am hoping that people with an interest in mixed
identities will respond.  Examples I used in previous posts included
 Deaf-Blind people,  people who have two or more different disabilities
which result in a new identification, and people for example, who claim
(thanks to simi for the language) disability and other identities (
immigrant,  queer, alcoholic/addict.  I am particularly interested in the
"voices" of people/academics/activists/ who experience this multiplicities
but am also interested in theoretical or models that look at the NON
binary and the non linear aspects of having more than one identity/ and or
disability.   I have posted this call before saying an abstract is due by
 end of November with full paper in January, but would rahter people
inquire now so I can get a sense of who to include in this edition.

I think the discussion on this list serve continues to demonstrate the
diversity of our community and the lack of a need for homogeneous thought.
Keep it up.   Tanis

Tanis is moving in August please stay tuned for new address and phone
number. Visit  http://members.xoom.com/doetanis1/newhome.html for some
links. Pls send attachments to [log in to unmask] not to this email thanks.