Alex,

I assume the SCRAN you are talking about is the Scottish Cultural Resources
Access Network (SCRAN), at http://www.scran.ac.uk/ ?

This is a Millennium Project here in the United Kingdom, which is working to
make a wide range of resources available to the community. These resources
are drawn from Scotland's rich cultural heritage, and include images of
physical objects (with associated explanatory text) and more complex
multimedia resources.

As for the old apple logo (used in
http://www.ariadne.ac.uk/issue5/metadata-masses/, for example)... It was
actually originally created by Tony Gill - then at the Surrey Institute of
Art and Design in the UK, and now in California with RLG - as something of a
joke. The picture shows an apple CORE. Tony's logo was quite widely used for
a while, but has now largely been superseded by the official logo which you
can see on the Dublin Core website (http://purl.org/dc/).

Paul

  -- dr. paul miller - interoperability focus -- [log in to unmask] --
     u. k. office for library and information networking  (ukoln)
     tel: +44 (0)1482 466890               mobile: +44 (0)7710 481812
  ----------------------------- http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/interop-focus/ --