Hi John
For the past five years++ we've had poloroids in Sussex. They have been
there specifically or mechanism photos and not gore gallery type photos.
I'm not sure if there is 'evidence'to support its use but direct experiance
indicates that they make a differance. When we used to enter A&E with a non
multi system trauma patient with a high index of suspiscion on an MOI we
were often ignored. We have found that the pictures do affect the the A&E
treatment.
enerally we take a long shot of the incident and a close up of any important
damage - compartment intrusion etc.
It is up to the A&E dept if they keep the photos. Some do some dont... the
important thng is that they see them on handover.

No studies or data has been done in Sussex for tech/para diagnosis vs
poloroid photos, poloroid vs doctor interaction etc, etc.

Mike Bjarkoy
Paramedic
Sussex