Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 23:01:24 -0400
From: "Juris G. Lidaka" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: LEB

	He is already missed.  I had the fortune to meet him while a
single-minded graduate student in a vernacular palaeography seminar under
Malcolm Parkes while Father Boyle had a parallel Latin palaeography
seminar, but his kindness, concern, and charity taught me directly and
indirectly, so that in later years he taught me humility _in absentia_.
By some chance, I was thinking of his work in codicology and pastoralia
this Friday, but the weekend brought administrative duties and my thoughts
were interrupted.  Now, they return with sadness, and pass beyond the
research I'd been working on.

		Juris

Juris G. Lidaka
WVSC Box 57