To all

I have been absent from the list discussions for quite a while due to
mixture of failing University Networks and an injury to my back.  However I
am making a request for help/guidance/suggestions.

I have recently been convinced by a fellow student to take part in a
disability awareness campaign in my University.  This is unusual for me, I
have very ambivalent feelings towards this part of disability (please don't
attack me for that).

I am asking for advice in the sense that what ave fellow list members done
in the past to try and raise awareness at there universities, awareness
which can hopefully reach an auidience other than just the disabled.

The presence of any disability element in my university is virtually nill.
I stres the virtual - they have a good disability unit for dealing with the
pracrtical side - aides for the disability but little awareness.  However
there is a Disability Committee (I shudder at the word committee) which has
two disabled people omn and which does nothing and the access is in all
fairness poor.

Thank you for your time.  Any help is needed and appreciated.

Yours

Michael