Hello All -
Just wanted to introduce myself - my name is Pam Steigman, and I am a
research associate with the National Research and Training Center on
Pyschiatric Disability, affiliated with the Departmant of Psychiatry of the
University of Illinois at Chicago.  I'm presently embarking on a qualitative
analysis of some data related to women's experiences adhering to HIV
medication (protease inhibitors, in particular).  I'm in the process of
deciding which qualitative software to employ - Nudist vs NVivo vs Atlas vs
Ethnograph, I'll stop there :) .   At any rate, I'm glad I stumbled upon
this listserve, as all of your comments related to software have been quite
informative.  I'm wondering which qual software you all would consider to be
most user friendly.  Most of my work has been with quantitative data - so,
as a novice, I must say that Nudist looks a bit intimidating with all of
it's windows, etc.  Perhaps, I could be convinced to give it another try :-)
!  It seems as though it is the favored software package among many of you.

Regards.....
Pam Steigman