Phyllis --

Yes, we need to be actively in the faces of those who ignore disability AND
we need to continue to educate, too.  For example, the vast majority of the
disabled students with whom I work never heard about models of disability and
don't have enough knowledge to question the fact that they have been raised
in the medical model.  So, we need to educate.  And, we need to educate the
educators and campus activists about disability studies models as well.

I don't think it's an either/or matter.  We need to educate and we need to be
activists.  We have a lot of work to do.

Best,

Beth